April 5, 2021
Princess Lodges is pleased to offer Alaska Land Vacations this summer. Our entire team is preparing to show off Alaska’s amazing interior safely to guests who are ready to get out and explore.
We are dedicated to providing a safe environment for our guests, team members and the greater community. To protect the health and safety of everyone, we are closely monitoring and continue to implement preventive measures in line with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as state and local health agencies.
Enhanced sanitation procedures are being developed by our Corporate Safety & Public Health Departments and will be approved by our Chief Medical Officer. All of our teams will be trained to all elements of the plan requirements.
A few things to note:
- Guests will be required to wear masks while traveling and while at the hotels/lodges.
- Staff members will be medically evaluated ever day and will wear masks at all times.
- Motor coaches, hotels/lodges and dining venues will operate at a reduced capacity.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout our hotels and on our motor coaches.
As more details become available, we will post them on this page.
Additionally, we encourage you to read about the State of Alaska’s health mandates, when making your travel plans.
In 2021, rail travel is onboard the Alaska Railroad or Wilderness Express. More information about their safety protocols may be found here: https://www.alaskarailroad.com/passenger-information and https://premieralaskatours.com/sanitation-protocols.
For guests at Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge
- A verbal questionnaire will be conducted upon check-in. If a guest has any symptoms or a temperature of 100.4 or higher, they will not be allowed to stay.
- Masks are required for all guests in public areas.
- Visitors of guests are expected to adhere to the same protocols.
Enhanced sanitation procedures have been developed by our Corporate Safety & Public Health Departments and approved by our Chief Medical Officer. Our COVID-19 Mitigation Plan has been filed with the State of Alaska and all of our teams have been trained to all elements of the plan requirements. A copy of the plan is posted at the property.
Some specifics of our proactive, preventive procedures include:
- Restaurant capacity reductions and spacing requirements, as well as touchless ordering/payment, delivery and pick up service available.
- Increasing the efficacy of the air handling filtration of our hotel common areas and restaurants by installing the High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) Merv 13 air filters.
- Air handling equipment settings will be adjusted to increase the inflow of fresh air and in turn reducing the amount of recirculated air.
- Use of an EPA approved sanitizing agent to kill the virus on surfaces. We have increased the cleaning frequency of the front desk and all public areas including bathrooms, lobby seating areas and all guest facilities such as gift shops, computer rooms, espresso bars and guest laundries.
- We use this same strength sanitizer in our guest rooms on all contact surfaces, all touch points and furniture as well as the bathrooms and makeup areas. Bedding is changed between each guest and laundered in our own commercial laundry facility, using laundry cleaners that are rated effective against flu viruses.
February 10, 2021
Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge is now accepting bookings for Summer 2021. The lodge will be open May 28 – September 8, 2021.
Our lodges at Copper River, Denali, Fairbanks and Mt. McKinley will remain closed until further notice.
August 27, 2020
We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of COVID-19 and how they will impact our future offerings in this constantly evolving situation. We are actively working with public health officials and medical experts in an effort to do everything possible to ensure the health and safety of our guests and team members as this is our top priority when we resume travel in 2021.
We look forward to welcoming guests again and are now booking travel starting in May 2021 through mid-September 2021. Save $600 per couple on tour packages of 6 days or longer with the assurance you can cancel for any reason 46 days prior for a full refund. Lodge/Hotel only bookings will be open for sale at a later date. Alaska is the perfect choice for your next vacation with its wide open spaces for enjoying nature and wilderness outdoors.
April 15, 2020
We have made the very difficult decision to cancel our 2020 summer operations in Alaska. For the health and protection of our team members and guests, we feel this is the best choice to get through the current health pandemic in the safest and most responsible way. We share in your disappointment to have to cancel your upcoming travel plans.
For guests with current 2020 rail and tour bookings, we ask for your patience as we work through the cancellation process. Our hope is that you would like to travel with us in 2021; we will have this product available over the coming weeks. Our customer service team will soon begin contacting booked guests or their travel agents to offer alternate travel options in 2021 which will include an additional 10% savings. However, if you do wish to cancel, we will offer a 100% refund.
Additionally, our Alaska lodges at Denali, Mt. McKinley, Copper River, Kenai and Fairbanks will be closed for the 2020 summer season. All hotel-only bookings will be cancelled and issued a full refund. You will be contacted to confirm your cancellation. There is no need to call to initiate the cancellation.
Again, thank you for your patience during this time. Given the volume of refund requests and the care being dedicated to ensure each request is processed accurately and in a coordinated manner, please allow up to 75 days for refunds to be processed. All refunds will be processed in due course, but delays should be anticipated. Please allow sufficient time for us to manage this process and know we are doing everything in our power to expedite where possible.