Portage Glacier Cruise Only – 3:00 pm (Self Drive)Back To Tours
|Prices (Per person, double occupancy)
|Portage Glacier Cruise Only - 3:00 pm (Self Drive) - AC4
Excursion (Tour AC4)
Get up close to Portage Glacier aboard the mv Ptarmigan. The one-hour cruise includes narration from the National Forest Service.
This sightseeing tour is a perfect option for vacationers and visiting friends & family since it is only a one hour drive from Anchorage.
Special Note: All bookings must be made at least 5 days in advance. Child price applies to age 12 and under. Cruise operation is subject to weather conditions. Visit our Facebook page for real time updates on weather conditions and operation.
- The only boat operating on Portage Lake
- Onboard narration
- Fully enclosed, heated cabin
- Expansive windows for enhanced viewing
- Topside view-deck offers a great vantage point for watching the glacier “calve,” and for visitors to enjoy the fresh air
- Holds up to 144 passengers
- 80-foot vessel was built on site at Portage Lake to U.S. Coast Guard specifications
- 6.5-foot draft for minimal environmental impact
- Sound system cannot be heard from the shore, ensuring preservation of this naturally peaceful setting for wildlife and other visitors
- Hull designed for safety in ice-filled waters
- Operates on National Forest Service lands of the Chugach National Forest and is under a special use permit from the USDA Forest Service